When my Android(HuaWei) watch paired with my phone(Nexus 6P), a number of applications were installed automatically on the watch. One of the applications is WeChat. I like WeChat on my phone but don’t need it on the watch. How do I remove it from the watch?
Searched a lot on Internet, it appeared the application had to be uninstalled from the phone, which is not what I want here.
Finally I decided to use ADB to do the task. Below are steps:
1. Download Android SDK
2. Enable USB debugging on the phone:
- Open the Settings app and scroll to the bottom. If it doesn’t have a Developer Options setting, tap About Phone (or About Tablet), scroll to the bottom, and tap the build number 7 times.
- Go back and tap Developer Options.
- Enable USB debugging.
3. Enable Bluetooth debugging on the watch:
- Tap the home screen twice to bring up the Wear menu.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom. If there’s no Developer Options item, tap About, and then tap the build number 7 times.
- Tap the Developer Options item.
- Enable Debug over Bluetooth
4. On the phone, open the Android Wear companion app.
5. Tap the menu on the top right and select Settings ->Enable Debugging over Bluetooth
You should see a tiny status summary appear under the option:
6. Connect the phone to your computer over USB and run following on command line:
adb forward tcp:5556 localabstract:/adb-hub
adb connect 127.0.0.1:5556
7. In the Android Wear companion app, you should see the status change to:
8. On command line, get a list of apps installed on HuaWei watch
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5556 shell pm list packages
9. You will now see the list of package names for all of the installed apps e.g. “package:com.tencent.mm” for WeChat.
10. To uninstall an app, type:
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5556 uninstall com.tencent.mm