Any industry that needs to maintain 10+ desktops/laptops
Typical example: Internet cafe shops, real estate, call centre, schools, and hospitals
All operating system and its applications are bundled together in an image file, which is maintained at server side. Therefore instead of maintaining every desktop/laptop individually (which normally requires a full time IT support personnel), only one central copy (template) is stored on the server and any further modification to it can be pushed to any individual desktop/laptop when the user logs in.
This mechanism provides the following benefits:
- Greatly reduced workload of IT support. A full time IT support job can be reduced to half or less.
- Centralised management of desktops/laptops. By configuring relevant policies on the server, end user will not be able to install unauthorised software, this ensures a secure and controlled company-wide IT environment:
- No need to worry about pirate applications, virus/Trojan horses, etc.
- Lost desktop/laptop can be locked to ensure no company secrete is leaked ;
- No system crashes. The template is tested before pushing to each individual desktop/laptop
- Super quick provision of a new desktop/laptop. All end user needs to do is login and download the template from the server for first time.
- Multiple operating systems can be installed on the same desktop/laptop. This is very useful when users need to share the same physical machine or need to switch between different environments(for example Windows/Linux) on the same machine